I am excited to announce the release of my new product line the Finland Collection. This collection celebrates the natural beauty of Finland.
The Finland Collection has been in the works for many months now. In that time I have spent countless hours designing, scrapping, and re-designing each item in the collection. Each piece of jewellery is entirely handmade from sterling silver. Every bird/animal/flower/leaf is individually hand cut from silver using a jeweller’s saw, and each one is slightly different. The collection includes various pendants, dangle earrings, stud earrings and charms (or mini pendants).
The Finland Collection features the following birds, animals and plants (Finnish names are in brackets):
- Brown bear (Karhu) – the national animal of Finland
- Lily of the valley (Kielo) – the national flower of Finland
- Whooper swan (Laulujoutsen) – the national bird of Finland
- Birch (Koivu) – the national tree of Finland
- Saimaa seal (Saimaannorppa) – an endangered freshwater seal that only lives at Lake Saimaa in Finland
- Elk /moose (Hirvi) – the largest animal native to Finland. These majestic creatures live in forests all over Finland.
- Reindeer (Poro) – reindeer are found in northern Finland (Finnish Lapland), where there are more reindeer than people.